Running a non-profit comes with a series of challenges, including fundraising and promoting your brand. Advertising is important for spreading awareness, encouraging participation in events, hosting fundraisers, and directing the public to your website. But what’s the best way to do this? There are plenty of advertising methods that may be beyond your budget, including shooting and airing a TV commercial or owning billboards along major highways. Here are 6 affordable and effective methods for advertising your non-profit organization.
- Clipboarding – Clipboarding is the act of sending volunteers into areas with busy foot traffic, sharing information about your company and sign-up sheets for events. You can even collect donations right at street level.
- Posters – You can make your own posters with simple but eye-catching graphics. Put up your poster in public areas like coffee shops or college posting boards. Be sure to include information that directs people to your website. This is a great way to advertise to foot traffic.
- Personalized Items – Personalize cups, mugs, or shirts with your charity or non-profit’s information, including a website where you can go to make donations and resources about your area of interest. People will appreciate advertisements that they can use on a daily basis.
- Online Ads – Post an online banner ad on websites and collect money based on clicks or hits to your website. While this is a great way to reach the general public, the more popular the platform you advertise on, the more expensive the ad will be. These ads may be too costly for the long term.
- Banners – Outside advertising banners are great ways to reach the general public because they look professional, are long-lasting, don’t need to be replaced, and are visible to foot and auto traffic. Banners are basically smaller billboards at a much, much lower price. You only pay once!
- Flyers – Hand out flyers to the public to raise awareness of your non-profit and encourage people to visit a website or physical site for more information. The more flyers you hand out, the more people you reach. Unfortunately, many people will refuse flyers or ignore them.
Overall, outside advertising banners are the best form of advertising for a limited budget. Simply buy a single banner and you’ll reach the public for a long time with a large and eye-catching ad. These weather-resistant, sun-resistant banners are built to last for years for a low price, catching the public eye and garnering attention so you can continue doing the great work you’re passionate about.