ThermoWorks is all things thermal. They make products such as Thermometers, sensors, handheld instruments, loggers, controllers and calibration gear. You will find their products in home kitchens across the world and in commercial kitchens, processing plants and farming operations. Cold supply chains rely on their loggers and thermometers to track the temperatures of product from the supplier to destination.
Spring is finally here and in Tennessee and that means it is time to fire up the grill again. While we do enjoy our time outside grilling some pieces of meat such as pork tenderloin or slow cooking some ribs can take a while and we don’t always want to be there to have to babysit the meat to make sure it is not overcooked. Thanks to Smoke from ThermoWorks we can monitor the temp of our food and the grill or smoker and get alerts based off the temperature. In the picture above is the base unit. This unit has connections for two probes. In the pic above we were grilling a pork tenderloin so I was not real concerned with the temp of the grill, but if I was I would attach the second probe. This allows me to see the temp of the food and also if I am using a smoker or charcoal grill I would know when I need to add more heat or stir the coals.
This unit is the receiver unit and shows the temps for both probes. Both the base unit and the receiver unit will have an alarm go off when the set temperature has been met. Here are all of the features of Smoke.
- 2-Channels, one for the meat and one for the pit
- Wireless to 300-feet line of sight
- Uses commercial-grade Pro-Series Probes
- Pre-synchronized with receiver – no setup required!
- Splash-proof sealed design, rated to IP65
- Dashboard-style display shows Min/Max and Hi/Low Alarms
- Backlit large digit displays
- Pair multiple wireless receivers to one base for the entire BBQ team
- COMING this year – Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi) & Smartphone App
Smoke would make a great gift idea for the barkyard BBQ’er on your list or any of the other ThermoWorks products, such as ThermaPen, Chef Alarm, DOT and more. Check out all of the gadgets available from ThermoWorks and show them some love on facebook, twitter and YouTube.