Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This Holiday season like many of you I plan to serve Green Bean Casserole. This yummy dish that is great for warming us up on those cold Fall and Winter Days is normally cooked in some sort of a casserole dish, this year I decided to mix things up a bit and present it a little differently, #ThisIsMyTwist.
For my twist I chose to cook my Green Bean Casserole in some cute little Rammikan’s and sprinkles some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on top as soon as they came out of the oven. I think the individual presentation of it is great, they can also be cooked in about half the time and how about portion control? I am helping all of those hungry guests save room for dessert and they don’t even know it! Let’s start off with the Original Green Bean Casserole recipe.
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions
- Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1-1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered, for 15 min. or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 min. or until onions are golden brown and top with fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Check out all of the other twists on traditional dishes here and comment below telling me how you twist.
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas and displaying them right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
I want to know what you think about Green Bean Casserole! If you take the 10 Minute Survey, you will be receiving a $5 Walmart gift card if you are one of the first 100 people that fully completes the survey (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).