What is Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co–op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. Have you ever been a part of a food co–op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature. Buying via a food co–op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
This program is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods. They are a nationwide meat co–op. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1–4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives
the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price. You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of log–in will vary depending on the month!
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a
private business or organization where arrangements have been made. You don’t even have to get out of your car. You pull–up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ here to help answer additional questions.
When we receive our Zaycon orders my husband and I get busy prepping. Our Foodsaver is our best friend in prepping. For the ground beef we separate it into 1 pound packages and we also go ahead and season some of it and make hamburger patty’s, making a weeknight dinner or weekend BBQ so easy. We also prep our chicken several different ways. We separate some into 1 pound bags as well and some we go ahead and cook and shred to be ready for Crockpot Creamed Chicken Sandwiches, cube some for Chicken Pot Pie or Lemon Dill Chicken Skewers.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes
directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process. The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found so you can be confident in the quality you receive from Zaycon.
- It’s convenient! I love not having to worry about purchasing my meats weekly. This leaves room in my weekly budget for other items to go with our meals and we budget separately for our Zaycon purchases.
- They have a great reputation, high rating, including a great BBB.com rating (A+). They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site here and register or log in.
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being offered.
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout.
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time!