4th of July Homemade Brownie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These brownies are absolutely delicious and the homemade icing is so rich and creamy. When you bit into the brownie you instantly get hit with the yummy cocoa in the brownie and then the creaminess of the icing takes over and compliments the brownie oh so well. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese , softened
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt. In small heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until blended. In large bowl, combine chocolate mixture with sugar; mix well. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; mix until blended. If desired, stir in nuts. Distribute brownie mixture evenly into baking cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on cooling rack for 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Any of our cupcake recipes may be prepared in our Mini Tasty-Fill pans. Spray pans with vegetable pan spray, then fill each with about 1/2 cup batter. Place pans on cookie sheet and bake 14-16 minutes. Cool in pan on cooling grid for about 8 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely before filling and icing.
- In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and milk. Beat on high until smooth (30 - 60 seconds). If icing seems too thin, add confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.
- Color with food coloring if you would like