Working from home or working remotely has become a necessity in the pandemic. However, MNCs and the IT sector were always eyeing WFH as an alternative. WFH gives employees the flexibility to work and take care of their families at the same time.
However, WFH is not without challenges, especially during the pandemic. The workload is increasing, making it challenging for people to be productive or take out time for family. If you feel the pressure and find your productivity dwindling, tasks uncompleted, and stressed, you are on the right page.
In this blog, we will look at seven ways that will help you boost productivity while working from home.
1.Have a proper workspace
To be productive at your work, you need a dedicated space at home to work. Working from your bed or the living room will never aid in productivity. It will only lead to back and posture issues.
- Desk: Invest in a sturdy work desk, with enough space for your laptop/monitor/desktop along with keyboard, mouse notes, pen-holder, and of course, coffee mug.
- Chair: A sturdy high-back chair is essential, especially if most of your work involves a screen.
- Internet: How will you be productive if your internet keeps going out? Thus, ensure that your internet connection is strong, and have a backup plan, just in case.
- Noise-canceling headphones: If you have kids or live with family and cannot have the whole room to yourself, noise-canceling headphones are a must. They will keep distractions away while you are working.
- Microphone: A good headset with mike to attend calls or join meetings is essential to your office setting.
There are days when you are not feeling productive, and you have to meet a deadline. On such days, coffee can help you focus and finish your task efficiently. However, waiting for a delivery guy or a time-consuming coffee maker is not something you want to do.
On the account, invest in a coffee-maker that gives you delicious coffee within seconds, like a pod machine. It is a single-serve coffee machine that requires you to pop up Nespresso pods, press a button, and within two minutes, an aromatic cup of coffee is ready.
It is perfect for WFH situations when you are struggling with work and home. A quick coffee to boost your productivity is the best remedy of all.
- Get table plants
Yes, they are a work-from-home essential. It is pleasant to the eye, creates a relaxing environment, and at the same time, helps you be more productive. Imagine a scenario when you are stuck at something. It can stress you out. At that moment, take in the plant and the freshness it provides. You will automatically feel calm, alert, and perceptive towards work.
- A mobile laptop desk
Setting up a proper office is necessary and incredible. However, if you are a working parent with kids at home, you do have to keep moving to keep an eye on them. Therefore, for working parents, a mobile laptop desk is an incredible investment.
It ensures that you continue your work while keeping an eye on the little ones.
- A work schedules
Working anytime just because you are working remotely, will not help you be productive. Having a schedule is essential to complete the day’s task productively. If you have meeting schedules, it does give you a working window. However, we all know meetings and calls ensure that you do not get a single work done.
- Thus, create a schedule to both attend the calls and work too. It doesn’t have to be 9-5. Although, whatever time you pick should be dedicated to working only.
- Also, start the day with a to-do list. It will help you tackle the vital tasks in the beginning when productivity is at an all-time high.
- A file cabinet
If you are starting a company from home or have tons of work-related documents, invest in a file cabinet. It will keep them safe and organized.
- Create a distance between work and home
Working from home can make the lines between work and home disappear. That is not great for productivity as you are unable to focus on both. When you stop work, let it go until the next day. Focus on family and chores, and start your work the next day with a fresh mind and high productivity.
WFH is full of challenges and these essentials will help you navigate them and be productive.