Here is a quick and easy recipe for Baked Beans that I made yesterday for Memorial Day.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose unsulphured molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 15.5 oz cans navy beans (like Goya) rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (I prefer crumbled real bacon)
- 1/2-1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl stir together molasses, brown sugar, tomato paste, maple syrup, apple cider
vinegar, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder.
Add in navy beans and coat was sauce.
Pour into a large saucepan and stir in bacon bits and 1/2 cup water. Add a little more water if
desired. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cover and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from heat and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.