Banana Pudding Cake
- 2 sticks butter , softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- One 1.34oz box instant , sugar-free banana pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- Whisk together the following ingredients and refrigerate until assembling cake (~10minutes).
- One 1.34oz box instant , sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
To brush on layers:
- Mix together the following
- 1 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp skim milk
- You’ll also need 2-3 medium ripe bananas
- 3-4 cups Cool Whip for frosting
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prep three 8? round pans by lining the bottom only with parchment paper. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs and egg whites, one at a time. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and pudding mix. Add into wet ingredients in three separate additions, mixing until just combined. Don’t over mix!
Stir in milk until combined. Divide batter and pour into pans. Bake 22-25 minutes or until cake is golden and begins to pull away from sides of pans.
Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan. Loosen and remove from pan. Allow to cool another 1-2 hours on a wire rack.
Level each cake. Place first layer on cake plate. Brush with a little milk mixture.
Line banana slices on top of cake. Spread 1/3-1/2 of the filling mix on top of bananas.
Place next cake layer on top of filling. Repeat with milk mix, filling, and final layer.
This is the fun part. Frost with Cool Whip and decorate as you wish. I crushed some mini Nilla wafers and spread on top. Then used the wafers along the sides.
Be sure to refrigerate!