Good For You Turkey Burgers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cauliflower or carrot puree
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp . low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1/8 tsp . pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp . olive oil
- 8 small whole grain dinners rolls or whole grain bread slices , for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, stir together the meat, breadcrumbs, vegetable puree, milk, soy sauce, garlic and pepper with a wooden spoon, the mixture will be moist. Form into 8 small patties and place them on a sheet of waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Add the burgers and cook until nicely browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the burgers, then slide the skillet into the oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes longer, until the burgers are no longer pink in the middle. Serve each burger on a split roll.