Why do you need bodyweight leg exercises
Many who want to have a beautiful pumped up body, first of all think of embossed biceps, voluminous chest and abs. Therefore, in the gym begin to work hard on the upper half of the body, forgetting about the legs. As a result, those who are especially stubborn achieve good results, but get a disproportionate figure – their legs look thin against the background of developed arms, shoulders, etc.
That’s why the legs in training should be given no less attention than the rest of the body. So you can avoid external imbalance, because of which the spent efforts may seem in vain.
There are many different exercises, but in this article, we will consider the question of how to build legs with your own weight.
Bodyweight leg workout: features and pros
Exercises on legs with their own weight do not involve the use of fitness equipment or other sports equipment. They are made exclusively with the help of the body, strengthen muscles and significantly increase endurance, which is important for any physical exertion.
Leg weight training has the following benefits:
- It is time-saving. For classes, you do not need to visit the gym. You can exercise at home or in any suitable place.
- Cost-saving. To start training, you do not have to buy an expensive subscription to a fitness club, since you can do it yourself.
- Security. With leg exercises with your own weight, it is almost impossible to get injured. A bar or simulator in this sense is much more dangerous.
If sport is new to you, then before starting an independent lesson, it will be useful for you to train under the supervision of professional instructors. He will tell you about all the basic exercises, tell you the technique of implementation and draw up a training program based on your physical abilities.
Bodyweight leg workout: leg exercises for men and women
For the development of quadriceps, as well as the calf, gluteus and other types of muscles, there are several types of exercises. Let’s consider some of them:
- Squats At first glance, a simple element to strengthen the quadriceps. When performing, it is important to follow the technique if you want to achieve visible results. How to do:
- stand straight with legs slightly wider than shoulders;
- start crouching, pushing your hips back;
- keep your spine level and keep your socks off the floor.
When performing, it is unacceptable to tumble back and lower your knees. It is optimal to start squats with 4 sets per day 5-10 times and gradually increase the load to about 25 times per set.
- “Pistol”. A new level for those who have achieved success in classic squats – squats on one leg. They use the quadriceps and buttock muscles. How to do:
- stand up straight;
- gradually squat on one leg, bringing the second forward;
- also smoothly return to the starting position.
It is worth noting that the exercise is quite difficult even for those who have been training for more than one year. If you want to buy legit Alpha Pharma products – visit roids vip online shop website right now. Therefore, at the initial stage, it is better to perform no more than 3 times per approach and do this with support until the muscles get used to it.
- Slopes “in Spartan”. Another element for the tremendous load on quadriceps. How to do:
- stand on the right foot, tear the left one off the floor and bend;
- put your left hand to the side at a right angle and bend, with your fist pointing up;
- smoothly sit on your right foot, bend so that the head is at the level of the knee and touch the floor with your left hand;
- return to starting position.