I am sure you have heard of the Honeywell brand. It is known for its 125 history of innovation bringing new products to homes and businesses that are affordable and dependable from thermostats to heaters to generators. Honeywell recently introduced a line of Air Cleaners & Odor Reducers called AirGenius, we received the compact version to try out.
We have been using the Compact AirGenius for right at a month now and we love everything about it. First you will notice its size, little shorter than 2 feet and less than 1 foot wide. This small footprint means I can place it between the recliner and entertainment center (I apologize for the dark picture because of this) and it is out of the way, you never know it is there.
The AirGenius includes two filters, a permanent primary filter that is washable and a washable secondary filter.
Also included in the box is a replaceable secondary odor & VOC reduction filter. You choose to use one or the other secondary filters, if you don’t want to have to buy replacement filters then you can just use the standard mesh one and wash it.
The Compact AirGenius is so easy to use and although it is compact, it is definitely not short on features. As you can see in the pic above the control panel is very well laid out. You can set a timer for it to run either 2, 4 or 8 hours, choose low or high for the button illumination making it great for in the bedroom. Control the fan speed with 4 levels based on what you need, again it has a sleep mode for the fan speed as well. I love the rotate feature and we always leave ours set to rotate and it also has a check filter reminder so you don’t have one more thing to remember to check. We placed this air purifier in the bonus room of our new home. Because of it being new construction we had a lot of dust from the drywall, from the air vents and we were having to change our HVAC filter that is located in the bonus room every couple of weeks as it tried to clear the air. I am glad to say that since we placed the AirZGenius almost 4 weeks ago we have only replaced the HVAC air filter one time and it was not overly dirty, it just looked like a standard dirty filter.
We have also noticed since using the AirGenius that the upstairs has been way less dusty than usual and that is saying a lot because we have 6 computers running up here and those things are the biggest dust makers ever. Our bonus room is also 21×20 and the Comapct AirGenius is rated for a 15×10 room so we are throwing at it more than it was designed to handle and it is still doing an amazing job. Check out the list below for a full list of features of the Compact AirGenius 4.
- Captures up to 99.9% of microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns such as pollen, dust, smoke and pet dander*.
- Freshens the air by absorbing odors.
- Helps reduce certain household VOC’s*.
- Circulates room air 5 times every hour based on AHAM Verifide smoke CADR rating in recommended room size.
- Permanent primary filter – simply rinse in water to clean.
- Includes 2 pre-filters to choose from: permanent washable or replaceable odor & VOC reduction filter model HRF-K.
- 4 air cleaning levels with guidance on which setting is optimal to address your needs.
- 2, 4 and 8 hour auto-off timer.
- Dimmer Option for control panel lights.
- Filter indicator light reminds you when to clean it.
- Oscillating feature gets air flowing where you need it.
- Allergen intelligence setting that optimizes allergen capturing performance.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Recommended for medium rooms – AHAM Verifide for a 150 sq.ft. (15′ x 10′) room.
- Contemporary design with sleek black color.
- 5 Year Limited Warranty.
If you are looking for a compact air cleaner that does not lack performance you have to check out the Airgenius 4. It would make a great gift idea for that asthama or allergy sufferer in the family or anyone else who likes to breathe 🙂 . Pick one up from the Honeywell Store here or Amazon.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."