Taking into account the amount of torment, stress, and strain we put on our hair through coloring, teasing, and heat styling, it is important to use luxurious hair masks. However, many women are still doubtful and agitated about using hair masks regularly, partly because they are not quite sure how to best use them.
When you try to take it off, will it wash out? Will it make your hair greasy? Do you need to invest a few hours in using one? These are only some of the questions that make most women nervous about using a hair mask.
To help you out, we’ve covered the top tips you need to know about using hair masks. Read on to know more!
Not All Hair Masks Are Made Equal
There are many hair masks available today. That said, be extra careful to read and understand the directions.
Some masks might be marketed for once-a-week use but actually need daily use. Others are quite heavier, which must be used at least twice a week, relying upon the amount of damage and your hair type. Another thing, other masks, like Hair Mask from Georgiemane, requires only ten minutes to give your hair that healthy shine.
Therefore, pick one that you can foresee yourself being loyal to before you buy it. The key that you need to keep in mind here is to look for a hair mask that’ll realistically work for your daily routine.
It’s Okay To Use A Hair Mask Once A Week
Even though you feel like your hair is healthy, the seasons’ change can be difficult on your strands. Thus, it is wise to get in the habit or practice using a hair mask once a week to ensure you are giving your hair the care and moisture it requires.
Sleeping With A Hair Mask On
If your hair is relatively dry, consider sleeping with a hair mask on. Just add the mask after you shower and cover it with a silk scarf or shower cap. In the morning, rinse out your hair, and the result will be a soft, silky hair.
You Can Still Shampoo And Condition After
After using a hair mask, you will always want to shampoo and condition to ensure you will not have any product build-up and that your hair is in the best condition. Also, you can comb the mask through your hair. But make sure to use a wide-tooth comb to ensure that you have applied the hair masks to every end of your hair.
Ingredients to Look For
With regards to the ingredients that can provide your hair some tender, love, and care, hair masks run the gamut. The ingredients that might work perfectly for you will rely upon the condition of your scalp and hair, and your hair type.
The following are some of the common ingredients to find when you buy a hair mask in a store or even make one of your own:
- Aloe Vera: Do you want to soothe and calm your scalp? If so, then choose a mask with aloe vera. Take note that aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties, choline, folic acid, vitamins B-12, E, and C, which could nourish and strengthen your hair.
- Coconut Oil: Because of its low molecular weight, this ingredient can probe the hair shaft for extreme conditioning. Coconut oil can help cut down frizz and dryness and could lessen protein loss, as well.
- Bananas: Bananas are an excellent ingredient to add in a mask to reduce frizz. The silica in this ingredient can help your hair to become shinier and softer.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has squalene, which the body naturally produces but lowers as we age. Keep in mind that squalene is crucial for moisturized skin and hair.
- Honey: This ingredient is reckoned as a humectant, meaning it can aid in retaining more moisture and your hair pull. Also, it can encourage the growth of skin cells, promoting stronger and more robust hair follicles.
- Eggs: Folate, biotin, and vitamins A and E in egg yolks can help stimulate hair growth. On the other hand, egg whites can help toughen and vitalize your hair.
Are you new to the world of hair masks and don’t know how to apply it? If so, don’t worry. The good news is it is pretty straightforward to apply a hair mask. Hair masks will work best when applied to towel-dried, clean hair that is still damp.
But if you are using a mask made of olive oil or coconut oil, it is wise to apply the hair mask when your hair is dry. It is because oil can brush off the water. Additionally, some experts think that dry hair can absorb oil much better than damp, wet hair.