Image Source: Unsplash
The evening dress or gown has always been popular for formal events and over the years, many styles have emerged, which gives a girl more options when looking for a special evening attire. This long gown can be calf to full length, but is mainly a long hem that almost touches the floor. If you have a formal event coming up, here are the variations of the evening dress that you might like to consider.
- Evening Gown – This is the traditional floor-length gown that flares from the waist or hips. A stunning mermaid dress is very popular for the prom and all the top designers are represented, with affordable creations. The hem range is from mid-calf to ankle, and this type of attire is normally accompanied by evening gloves, which might be expected at a very formal event. Every woman should own at least one evening gown for those special formal events.
- Cocktail Dress – Shorter than a traditional evening gown, the LBD is a classic example of a short cocktail dress, while a longer version could have a seductive split on one side. Suitable for a cocktail party, the prom or a sophisticated dinner party, you can find affordable evening dresses online from the designer dress boutique. It is important to check the store’s returns policy when buying from an online supplier and do allow enough time to have final adjustments from a local seamstress.
- Ball Gown – This differs from the evening gown as the top is fitted, clinched in at the waist with a dramatic skirt that flows to the floor. This A-Line style can be worn to a gala, charity ball, the prom or even a sweet 16 party. Full sleeves are the norm and when you search online for a designer dress boutique, you can browse the many designers and their stunning creations. Make sure you measure yourself accurately and if in doubt, order the next size up.
- Evening Midi Dress – This style is very popular with girls of today and hems at mid-calf length. A single slit is optional and tanned skin is crying out for ivory or cream with matching high heels. For the best selection of affordable designer creations, the online boutique has some fantastic deals and certain garments are on special!
- Jacket Evening Dress – A midi cocktail dress with a matching jacket is great for those chilly fall evenings, plus it gives you more coverage. Color should depend on your skin tone and there are several jacket designs to choose from – from a sharp, angular look to narrow sleeves with lapels. One good thing about a jacket evening dress is you can wear it with or without the jacket. Jackets are all the trend this year and you have a few pockets, which will come in handy.
Image Source: Unsplash
When buying an evening dress, the garment will get plenty of use over the years and choosing a designer number means the dress will stand the test of time. The online designer dress boutique has an extensive catalogue of well-known designer gowns. You can browse at your leisure until you find the gown of your dreams.