Pet owners truly love their feline companions meaning when it comes down to caring for them, they are turning to the latest natural alternative of CBD oil. A majority of the marketing for CBD is targeted towards dogs, but more cat lovers are inquiring as to how they can give it to their finicky friends.
Cat caregivers are coming out in droves to express their concerns over the level of difficulty they’re having in dispensing CBD to their pets. Cats are well known for being much pickier than dogs which can present unique challenges when administering CBD oil to them. Sometimes a cat’s particular nature can render the presentation of CBD oil into their system fruitless. CBD cat treats benefits would be significant with tricking a finicky cat. Let’s look at some other ways to fool your fur baby.
Tips On Administering CBD Oil To Your Cat
Cats are difficult to give anything that they have no desire for. And you have to be very careful with them, particularly with their claws if they feel in any way threatened. Here are a few tips that may help in the administration of the CBD oil.
- If your cat is curious, hold the oil’s dropper up in the air and allow the cat to lick the end while you squeeze the substance out. Make sure to clean the dropper thoroughly before replacing it inside the container.
- Take some of the CBD oil and dab it onto your cat’s paw. The cat is going to run off and proceed to wash their paw taking in the CBD oil in the process. Cat’s have an innate desire to be clean.
- CBD oil will work much faster when it is dispensed on its own. Before your cat has its meal, add a few drops of the oil to the empty bowl for a fast effect. They should have it either 15 minutes before eating or 15 minutes after they have eaten. If they’re too finicky, you can add to a meal.
- Add the oil to their food or on their cat treats before they eat. They may not even notice that it’s there. You can also try to squeeze the drops directly into the cat’s mouth. That may prove to be a bit more difficult.
What To Look For When Purchasing Your Products
Before you buy CBD go to https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/what-you-need-know-about-cbd-oil-your-pets-ncna968476 to read about CBD oil and your pets.
Cats are known for having stomachs that are more sensitive so it is critical that you be educated when making your purchase and only buy a CBD product that is high in quality. This will give your cat the opportunity to react in a positive way to the oil. When you purchase your CBD products you need to take the following considerations:
- CBD for pets. The product needs to be a CBD oil that has been specifically created for pets. Those that are made for humans are typically made with a flavor component that may be unpleasant not only for the cat’s taste buds but for their stomach.
- Third-party tests. It is imperative that you be sure to check all of the lab results before you commit to buying any CBD oil products. Lab results are going to confirm for you that the CBD item that you are getting is real.
- CO2 Extraction. Hemp goes through extraction after it has been cultivated and dried. This is when the CBD is drawn out of the hemp. To accomplish this, some manufacturers use toxic solvents that ultimately find a way into your product. For the betterment of your cat’s health, invest in CBD that has been through CO2 extraction which is the cleanest extraction technique available on the market.
Why Cats Should Be Given CBD
For some cats who tend to suffer from anxious type behavior like aggression, hiding, or obsessive grooming, CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system in an effort to bring ease to the feline. CBD or cannabidiol is a chemical compound taken from the hemp plant that has grown in popularity for its potential to induce calmness and promote inflammatory function.
For CBD products to be safe and beneficial, they must remain below .3% for THC or tetrahydrocannabinol which is another natural compound in hemp that brings on a psychoactive effect.
CBD can give our cats relief based on one complex system in their body, the endocannabinoid system or ECS that serves as one of the largest neuro transmitting networks within the body. The ECS can be compared to a traditional virus scanner for a computer used to scan a system and correct errors. The difference with the ECS, when it finds an issue, it gives further direction to the receptors to regain balance and CBD assists with this process. Read here for how CBD works to benefit your cats.
It might be tough to get your kitty to comply with the administration of the CBD oil, but chances are if you can figure out the best way to sneak it in, it will greatly improve the quality of your cat’s life.