Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
I was looking for a recipe for Homemade Thousand Island Dressing to go on these awesome Pimento Cheese Burgers and stumbled across this one on Food Network and it was great.
- 1/2 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 hard-cooked large egg , pushed through a sieve or finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Make a paste with the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt by crushing them with the side of a chef's knife. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, mayonnaise, chili sauce, ketchup, onion, relish and egg until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use now or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.