It is not an easy job to pick the right type and size of a bra, especially if it is your first time. Ideally, if it is your very first bra it is best to try out a training bra or a crop top type bra. This is to be done right at the stage when the nipples begin to protrude. These are special type of bras designed for the first timers that:
- Provides a lot of comfort which is the primary requirement for any first timers
- Is not so obvious resembling a crop top making you feel less embarrassed in front of others.
It is always recommended that you resort to the comfort factor only while choosing your first bra and not choose any fancy or lacy bra. Training bras are the best choice because it is usually made up of simple and stretchy cotton. These bras have no cups.
You may also try a sports bra. This is another good thing to wear when a young girl goes for the gym class or take part in any active team sport. These sports bras are specially designed to:
- Look flatter in the cup area
- Make you feel very comfortable and
- Can be worn even if you do not play sports.
If you have developed further then you should choose a bra having a soft cup. If the breast tissue have grown beyond the buds a soft cup bra will be ideal for you, especially if you have an A cup or more.
Choosing the first bra
Before things go out of control, it is required that you measure yourself continually. Well, for this you do not need to try out the bra size calculator USA directly. You can ask your mother to measure you. This should be done once in a month so that you know when it is the right time to buy your first bra, whether it is a crop top type bra or a soft cup bra.
- Wearing the right type of bra at a young age is essential because it will not change the shape of the breasts awkwardly or push up. It will make you feel comfortable as well.
- You should not choose any underwire bra as your first bra because these are designed for girls having large breasts to provide more support.
- You will need bras that will provide you with the right type of support as your breasts start todevelop and therefore an underwire bra is not required at this stage.
Ideally, your first bra should be similar to your skin tone so that it is not clearly visible through your shirt. This may cause a bit of an embarrassment. A bra that is similar to your skin tone can also be worn with shirts of different colors, though you can also buy bras with different colors to match with your shirts.
The ins and outs
It is also necessary to know about the ins and outs of using a bra for the first time. Older women may take these things for granted but you being the beginner should know these so that you can wear, manage and choose the right type of bra according to your need. For example:
- You must know that there is no need to wear a bra at night though a few grownups may wear it while sleeping as well
- You must also know that a few specific types of bras come with padding and this padding is not meant only for young girls whose breasts have just started to develop
- You will need to know how to protect your bra from being damaged during the washing cycle by using a wash bag and
- You will find different types of bras for the beginners in different departmental stores and lingerie lines that have a specific ‘first bra lines.’
Well, now that you know quite a bit about your first bra, it is time to focus on the size as it matters most in terms of comfort, relaxation and even look.
Knowing more about puberty
In puberty, getting the first bra can be really a complicated experience which is why you should always talk to your mother or any adult. Few girls may develop faster while other might take a long time to develop sizable breasts. In such situations you may worry that you may be teased by others and not necessarily boys. However, these are all natural and sensitive feelings that you should learn to cope up with.
- Bring it up first to your mother and even your mother can also bring it up to you first. Your mother or any other adult will explain it to you.
- You may even ask them for a book on puberty that explains all that goes on with your body at this stage.
In puberty, you should be very open about your feelings even if you are teased by others about your wearing a bra.
The different types
Typically, bras come in different designs and fabrics. You will need to consider all these types and choose the best one that suits your breast size and your needs. Going for cutting edge designs is highly tempting and very common amongst the first timers but comfort should be the only choosing criterion. Ideally, first timers will have small breasts but making it look bigger entirely depends on your choice and preference.
- If you have smaller bust then you should find bras that come with padding if you wish to make your breasts look bigger.
- If you want to have a push up effect you can use the under wired bra as well. However, if you are developing very fast and already have a bigger bust, you should avoid bras with sponges.
It is very important to note that when you choose your first bra it should perfectly match with the structure of your body and especially your breasts. Therefore, take your time to buy your first bra and try out the bras till you find the one that fits you.