Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups bottled or homemade barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Trim pork of any excess fat. Scatter onion over bottom of slow cooker and place pork on top. Add broth, cover and cook on low until very tender, about 8 hours. Remove meat and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pull meat into thin shreds, removing all fat and gristle. Skim excess fat from liquid in slow cooker.
- Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce, mustard, honey and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 hour longer on low.