Having done quite a bit of research on CBD Oil and products, I went around my friend’s house for a glass of wine and catch up.
She has the best dog in the world, Buddy, he practically grew up with my children as he is only one year younger than my youngest. They are constantly wrestling in the garden and he is like our adopted child when we take care of him from time to time.
He sleeps in my son’s room and they are joined at the hip until my friend is back from holiday. We would love to have a dog of our own, and we will once our house is finished being built, but until then we are dog sitters, walkers, and cuddlers’ to all our friends’ pets.
She was mentioning that fireworks night was coming up and she was stressed out because she knows how Buddy can get when he realizes the night is approaching. He starts being very clingy, not wanting to leave the house for walks and hiding under his blanket unusually long in the mornings. I suggested CBD Oil for dogs and ran her through the benefits.
She decided to give it a try seen as everything else has made little to no impact on helping him go through the evening without shaking like a leaf for hours straight.
A couple of weeks later we met up again and she was raving about how fantastic the CBD had helped, she has ordered more and decided to implement it slowly into his diet. Keeping his body functions regulated and when they are traveling, which she likes to do, he is chilled in the back of the car like an old man on yet another journey.
She isn’t much of a wiz in the kitchen as I have come to discover after nearly choking to death on the worlds’ driest cake, but she is asking the neighbor to bake some treats for Buddy.
She even went as far as to purchase a doggy shaped cookie cutter for the biscuits, while I doubt he knows the difference I can fully understand the need to want to spoil her ‘child.’ See some inspirational options if you click here and give your ‘furry family member’ a treat that makes them smile from ear to ear.
Incorporating CBD into your pets’ diet.
There are many ways you can add CBD oil into your pets’ life, some will allow you to open their mouth and put in a few drops, others not so much. This is where your handy DIY CBD Oil recipe book comes into play.
While it may take some experimenting, edible chews are another great favorite among pet owners and pets. And besides, your pet will be so thrilled to have a chewy treat he won’t mind the fact that it has a natural supplement in that he previously refused to open his lips for.
You can make baked cookies, which once they have cooled completely, simply put a few drops on each to soak into the biscuit. For other fun options check out holistapet for a variety of CBD pet treat products that will have you shopping in no time and having your pet in his best shape.
Cooked meals are an easy beginner’s way to add in the CBD, a quick stir in before placing the bowl down for him and you’re good to go. No matter how you decide to add it to their meal plan, the main objective is that you are, and this ensures an overall well-balanced diet and lifestyle.
What to look for in CBD Oil products.
- THC content. This is the psychoactive component of the hemp plant extract, it is what gives the feeling of being ‘high’ and can be harmful if given to your pet. Read the label and make sure the trace contents of THC are no more than 0.3% which is the maximum legal limit.
- Labels. This is especially important when adding new products to your pets’ diet. You want products that are as natural and organic as possible with no added chemicals and certainly no added colorants. While artificial coloring might not be detrimental to your pet, they aren’t exactly good for their health.
- Dose. This is essentially determined by the size of your pet, it can be confusing when it comes to working out the correct dosage so be sure to talk to someone before beginning any supplement changes.
- Cross-check. You’ve found a product that seems to be working, be sure you have checked the mg’s across other similar brands and products that might offer the same benefits but at half the cost. You don’t want to be paying for trending packaging when you can get the same product for half the price in a standard package.
- Reviews. This is a no brainer. For me when it comes to trying anything new I immediately go online and read customer reviews and satisfaction comments and go from there. People love to write reviews and wouldn’t take the time and effort if it weren’t true.
- Certification. While this step may be a bit extreme, however, if you are fidgety for the finer details, check the bottle and box labels to ensure that the product is from a legitimate and ‘licensed’ company, sourcing and processing in a natural way with no harmful toxins.
Take your time when it comes to adding in a new element to your pets’ lifestyle, you want the best for them of course, so don’t rush the process. Research and give them the care they deserve.